The Sons of The American Legion (SAL) was born during the 1930’s in the midst of the Great Depression. The establishment of The Sons of The American Legion as a non-profit, non-sectarian civilian organization was authorized by action of The American Legion’s 14th National Convention in Portland Oregon, September 12-15, 1932. The 1933 National Convention officially changed the name of the Organization to "The Sons of The American Legion," authorized use of the abbreviation "SAL" (pronounced S. A. L., not sal), and levied annual membership dues of 25 cents.
The Sons of the American Legion Squadron 293 has 100 members. They Support the American Legion Post and the community through events such as dinners, contests such as the chili cook off, and fund-raising for the Child Welfare Fund.
National SAL site: